If you're interested in reading more on ideas presented in the article below, I suggest reading Dynamic Aging. If you'd like movement instruction via video, start with Nutritious Movement for a Healthy Pelvis.
Two years ago, I asked for your foot pain stories to include in my book. The most shocking horror story was this one, although I didn’t include it because my book was rated PG and therefore could not include anything gory.
When my sister Amy was a baby in the church nursery, another church mom stepped on her and punctured her thigh with her pointy high-heel. My sister is in her mid-20s now and still wears the nursery battle scar.
Now that I’m working on my NEW book, it is time for me to hit you up again. This time I am looking for your SQUATTING story. How, my friends, has squatting changed your life? Even if you are not squatting yet, but working on pelvic alignment, the squat-prep exercises, and just standing (or sitting) differently...how has this impacted your life? Did it affect your birthing outcome? Pelvic floor issue? Your hip or knee pain? Digestion? How about your lower back? Your dance moves? Your love life?
Author’s note: Everyone with the exception of My Dad is allowed to let me know if their squat/pelvic alignment exercises has affected their love life.
If your story is included in my book, you get a free copy. Of my book, I mean. You probably don’t need a copy of your own story. I’ll even sign the book for you if you’d like. And to BRIBE you to write these stories, I have asked the makers of the Squatty Potty if they might give one of their toilet platforms away to a random contributor and they agreed.
What’s a squatty potty? Allow the Alignment Monkey to tell you about it here (click).
And yes, all my toilets are squatty-friendly. Why?
1. It's an easy way to get the body into the squat position passively. No need to have squat strength and still reap a lot of rewards.
2. It's an easy way to add strength moves into your life without requiring more time. Can't make it to yoga class tonight? Just have three cups of cold coffee, a bran muffin, and viola! You've got a 10-minute squatting session (aka mini-workout) without ever leaving home.
3. No. More. Straining.
4. Squat platforms are a GREAT way to prepare to push all you pregos!
5. They're a great personal trainer. I like the conversation with myself when I'm too lazy to squat-pot. Nah. I'll just sit here with my feet on the ground. Because I'm that tired right now. GET YOUR FEET UP ON THE PLATFORM, WOMAN! All right, all right. Geesh.
6. Ever have your legs fall asleep on the pot? Yah, that pressure on your thighs isn't supposed to be there.
Here’s how you can win a Squatty Potty:
1. Leave a story in the comment section OF THIS BLOG POST (not on Facebook as it won’t count!) If your story is used, you’ll also get a free copy of my next book.
2. Like Squatty Potty on Facebook (click here) and then come back to post a comment saying you are now a fan. (For improved odds, this should be a separate entry!)
3. Send me your best bathroom photo. Just kidding. PLEASE, do not send me pictures of you in the bathroom. Seriously. This will not improve your chances at winning.
We will include all comment entries (for the Squatty Potty) through November 14th and post the potty winner on November 15th. Winner will be selected by random drawing!
We will do a random drawing with a number included for each blog-comment entry and will notify you if you’re the winner! Squatty Potty winner must be in Canada or the U.S., but I will send my books anywhere -- so you, in Tazmania, send me your squat story!!!
11/15/2012 UPDATE: Congratulations comment #81! Wendy, please email me your shipping address to email@example.com and I'll forward your info to Squatty Potty! Congrats!!