Includes: 24 video modules, with a total of 85 exercises and even more ways to move when you’re not exercising. Twelve 30-minute exercise sessions and twelve 15-minute coaching videos.
Runtime: 9 hours (540 minutes)
Course Delivery: You will receive access to all twenty-four streaming videos when you register, and will keep that access as long as our website exists. The course also includes a weekly email for twelve weeks, to set our recommended pace and progression. Tech specs below.
Instructor: Katy Bowman
This is your guide to becoming a competent mover. Learn the ABCs of head-to-toe movement via progressive lessons emailed every week for twelve weeks. These are gentle enough for movement newbies and packed with enough content for regular exercisers/athletes to learn good form, joint-by-joint, especially to troubleshoot or avoid pain or discomfort.
The weekly lessons are:
Week 1: Lower Body Basics
Week 2: Middle Body Basics
Week 3: Upper Body Basics
Week 4: Lower Body Strength
Week 5: Middle Body Strength
Week 6: Upper Body Strength
Week 7: Movement Flows
Week 8: Chair Exercise and Sitting Breaks
Week 9: Sneak Movement Into Your Day
Week 10: Move Your Heart and Lungs More
Week 11: Using Movement To Relax
Week 12: Work Up To Walking More
Each week you’ll receive a 30-minute (approx) exercise session to follow multiple times during that week and a 15-minute “coaching session”— a conversational, info-filled lecture expanding on the week’s theme.
Who is this course for?
If you’re ready to learn things like…
- The many ways the joints in your upper body, lower body, and spine move
- How to sit (or stand) to use more core muscle
- How to use exercise to feel more invigorated (and ways to get more movement when you DON’T have any energy left)
- How exactly “movement is medicine”
- How to “lift with your legs, not with your back”
- How to move in ways that help your pain instead of causing more
- How to time and find YOUR best walking pace
- How to get heart-healthy movement without having to go faster or harder
- How to get more strength and mobility, less discomfort, and fewer limitations…
THIS COURSE IS FOR YOU!
Nutritious Movement Improvement is perfect for anyone who wants a step-by-step guide to moving well, caring for joints and muscles, and avoiding pain.
New movers get inspiration, motivation, and a gentle onramp to exercise and non-exercise movement.
Yogis, runners, and other exercisers learn how to make moves sustainable over the long term, strengthening little-used muscles, opening joints, and avoiding and recovering from injury.
Movement pros learn new cueing and alignment to benefit you and your students!
Learn excellent exercise form and self-assessment so that you can scale the exercises to fit your body and your needs, no matter your level of fitness.
- alignment basics and bolstering techniques to make moves accessible
- content broken down into twelve modules, so it’s easy to jump back to a particular section if you choose
- a weekly email for twelve weeks to keep you on track with your progression
- suggestions for ways to sneak movement into your life, even when you’re not exercising
You’ll have unlimited access to all the course content upon purchase, and for the life of the course.
Videos stream online on any device with a good internet connection.