This audiobook is distributed by Bookfunnel so after your purchase you'll receive an email from them with your download link. You can listen in their app, or in a browser. Let us know if you have any trouble. You can also buy an audiobook to gift! See instructions at the bottom of this page.
2016 Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards Winner.
Read for you by Katy!
What if we can make ourselves, our communities, and our planet healthier all at the same time by moving our bodies more?
Movement Matters is a collection of essays in which biomechanist Katy Bowman continues her groundbreaking investigation of the mechanics of our sedentary culture and the profound potential of human movement. Here she widens her “You are how you move” message and invites us to consider our personal relationship with sedentarism, privilege, and nature. Bowman explores:
- How convenience often means less movement, not more time
- The missing movement nutrients in our food
- How to include more nature in education
- The impact of adding movement to permaculture and ecological models
- Our need for vitamin Community and group movement
Unapologetically direct, often hilarious, and always compassionate, Movement Matters demonstrates that human movement is powerful and important, and that living a movement-filled life is perhaps the most joyful and efficient way to transform your body, community, and world.
BUY AN AUDIOBOOK TO GIFT!
- Purchase the title you’d like to give as a gift.
- When you receive the email from BookFunnel with instructions for accessing the audiobook, forward the email to your recipient with a note to follow the GIFT instructions at the bottom of the page.
- These are single-use codes so do not use the code yourself!
- If you already have a BookFunnel account, this book WILL show up in “Your Library. ” DO NOT open the book as it will affect your recipient’s ability to redeem the code.