2016 Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards Winner.
Read for you by Katy!
What if we can make ourselves, our communities, and our planet healthier all at the same time by moving our bodies more?
Movement Matters is a collection of essays in which biomechanist Katy Bowman continues her groundbreaking investigation of the mechanics of our sedentary culture and the profound potential of human movement. Here she widens her “You are how you move” message and invites us to consider our personal relationship with sedentarism, privilege, and nature. Bowman explores:
- How convenience often means less movement, not more time
- The missing movement nutrients in our food
- How to include more nature in education
- The impact of adding movement to permaculture and ecological models
- Our need for vitamin Community and group movement
Unapologetically direct, often hilarious, and always compassionate, Movement Matters demonstrates that human movement is powerful and important, and that living a movement-filled life is perhaps the most joyful and efficient way to transform your body, community, and world.