This audiobook is distributed by Bookfunnel so after your purchase you'll receive an email from them with your download link. You can listen in their app, or in a browser. Let us know if you have any trouble. You can also buy an audiobook to gift! See instructions at the bottom of this page.
Also available in ebook and paperback.
Read for you by Katy!
As adults and kids alike turn more frequently to “convenient” and tech-based solutions, many tasks that once required head-to-toe use of our muscles and bones can now be done with a click and a swipe. Without realizing it, we’ve gotten rid of the movement-rich environment our physical, mental, and environmental health depend on…but not our need for it.
The good news is, while the problem feels massive, the solution is quite simple…and fun! Grow Wild shows where movement used to fit into the activities of daily life and more importantly, how it can again. A companion to Move Your DNA, Grow Wild provides practical, everyday, nature-rich ideas on how to let them move their DNA in a variety of kids’ daily environments. “Stack your life” for richer experiences that don’t take more time by learning how to:
- Change your home’s “movement rules”
- Dress for (movement) success
- Add snacktivities to your meals
- Create a dynamic homework space
- Bring nature into your home and play
- Plan a dynamic celebration
- And much more!
The book presents ideas on how to work more natural movements into the whole family’s daily life and can be implemented by anyone who creates and facilitates children’s movement environments—parents, relatives, teachers, health professionals, and more. With over 200 full-color photographs of families moving, stories from other parents and alloparents in a variety of scenarios, and fully cited sidebar text for those interested in the research behind the book, Grow Wild is exciting for a wide range of readers. Humans live in many places and there are countless movement opportunities wherever you live, you just need to know how to spot them.
Children and their families can thrive by learning to move more inside, adventure more outside, and grow wild in any environment.
Includes PDF with diagrams and references.
BUY AN AUDIOBOOK TO GIFT:
- Purchase the title you’d like to give as a gift.
- When you receive the email from BookFunnel with instructions for accessing the audiobook, forward the email to your recipient with a note to follow the GIFT instructions at the bottom of the page.
- These are single-use codes so do not use the code yourself! If you already have a BookFunnel account, this book WILL show up in “Your Library. ” DO NOT open the book as it will affect your recipient’s ability to redeem the code.