Just for fun, see how you do! Try it WITHOUT google-ing the answers, yo! Geez.
1. How many muscles flex the elbow (think bicep curl)?
2. How many muscles make up the calf group (lower leg)?
3. Which is a greater weight-bearing exercise, walking or running?
c. Walk-Run combo
4. The correct exercise intensity for those with high blood pressure or on beta blockers for high blood pressure is:
d. It doesn’t matter, the beta blocker is taking care of everything, where’s the spin bike?
5. What is the difference between a sprain and a strain?
a. A strain is damage to a lesser degree than a sprain
b. A sprain requires surgery.
c. There is no real physiological difference.
d. A strain implies damage to a tendon, a sprain implies damage to a ligament
6. The signal for bone to develop is:
a. triggered by Calcium
b. triggered by Calcium and Vitamin D
c. triggered by pulling on bone
d. triggered by pushing on bone
7. Select the false statement:
a. Can’t be left alone in the house with ice cream
b. Have different alignment markers than non-pregnancy peoples
c. Should be given a shoulder and/or foot massage daily, without prompt
d. Should be stretching the leg muscles a few times a day
8. Back pain can be created by tight tissues in the:
9. Bone growth stops at a certain age (about age 20).
c. This is a trick question, isn’t it?
10. Katy is
b. a smart a$$
Answers are posted upside down, which isn’t as easy to do as you’d imagine, as well as posted in reverse order in case you’re inclined to cheat. Which is weird, because you’d only be fooling yourself, which is also weird and something you might want to reflect on.
How’d you do?